During the coronavirus pandemic, the need for plasma doesn’t stop — and neither does the work of Octapharma Plasma. We’re going above and beyond to keep you safe while you donate plasma to help treat patients and create possible COVID-19 treatments. Our currently safety measures include:
Standard precautions aligned with CDC recommendations:
- Centers are practicing social distancing in all areas of the building including queue areas, kiosks, screening, donor floor, processing areas, and employee break areas.
- A reception area monitor in each center monitors social distancing throughout the building. We appreciate your participation and understanding during this time.
- Work areas will be sanitized every hour on the hour, to include high-traffic areas as well as the following: Doorknobs, counters, chairs, sink handles, soap dispenser, headphones, tablets, water fountains, bed in physical rooms, new donor binder, tables, etc.
- Hand washing station and/or hand sanitizer will be available for donors to use at all times throughout the donation process.
Additional Octapharma Plasma safety precautions:
- Each donation center is adjusting center flow to maximize social distancing.
- Donors are provided with and encouraged to use masks to slow the spread of the virus.
- All surfaces throughout our donor centers including countertops, donation beds and all screening and donation equipment are cleaned and disinfected per regulatory requirements.
- All employees wear personal protective equipment (lab coat, face shield, and gloves).
- Each potential donor is screened prior to donation for fever, coughing, respiratory issues, and overall health. They are deferred from donating if they do not meet regulatory requirements.
Looking for a Plasma Donation Center near you?
Search for the nearest Octapharma Plasma Center by clicking the State listed below or from our main Plasma Center navigation page: