- Stay Hydrated – Drink 6 to 8 cups of water or juice the day before and day of your donation.
- Eat Protein and Iron-Rich Food – Eat protein-rich, iron-rich meals at least 3 hours before donating.
- Meat (Beef, Chicken, Eggs, Shrimp, Turkey, Ham)
- Dairy (Milk, Cheese, Yogurt)
- Beans, Nuts, Seeds
- Vegetables (Broccoli, Collard Greens)
- Fruits (Watermelon, Raisins)
- Cereals (iron-enriched)
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Wear comfortable clothes, with sleeves that can be pushed up to your shoulder.
- Bring something to pass the time. Take advantage of free wi-fi at all of our donation centers with a smartphone or tablet, or bring music (with headphones, of course), a book, or a magazine.
- Avoid fatty foods like french fries, potato chips, pizza, or sweets the day you donate. They can affect blood tests and make your plasma milky, which might prevent you from donating.
- Avoid alcohol the night before and the day of your donation.
When you choose to donate with Octapharma Plasma, we want to create an experience that gives you a sense of pride and purpose.
We strive to elevate the plasma donation process by providing the highest quality environment and services. Here’s a peak at the plasma donation requirements & what you should expect during your first visit.