Octapharma Plasma Inc.
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: October 2, 2023
Octapharma Plasma, Inc. (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) provides this California Job Applicant Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CCPA”). This Privacy Notice describes how the Company collects, uses, stores, and shares your personal information when you apply for a job with the Company.
Within this Privacy Notice, you will find:
- Relevant Definitions
- What Type Of Personal Information Do We Collect About You?
- How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- When Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
- Your Rights
- Required California Disclosures
|Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you or your household.
|Sensitive personal information
|Social security number, driver’s license number, state identification card, passport number, account log-in and password, financial account and password, debit or credit card number and access code, precise geolocation information, race, ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, the content of your mail, email or texts other than those communications with us, genetic data, biometric information, health information, and information that concerns your sexual orientation.
|Sell, sale, or sold
|Selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or other means, your personal information to a third party for money or other valuable consideration.
|Share or shared
|Sharing, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by other means, your personal information to a third party for “cross-context behavioral advertising,” whether or not for money or other valuable consideration.
What Type Of Personal Information Do We Collect About You?
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you when you apply for a job with the Company. Those categories marked with an * include sensitive personal information.
- Identifiers. Information such as your full name, contact information (home address, phone number, and email address), alias, and signature.
- Government Issued Identifiers*. Information such as your social security number, work authorization information, passport and visa information, and immigration status and immigration-related documentation.
- Demographic Data*. Information such as your age, gender, race, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, disability status and other related demographic information collected during the job interview and application process.
- Educational and Professional Information*. Information such as your work experience history, educational history and degrees attained; interview notes; professional and other certifications; other job qualification criteria; and information we may obtain (directly or through a service provider) when conducting a background check such as relative to references, criminal history, credit history, drug-check, finger-print check, and other screening results that may be applicable.
- Health and Safety Information*. Information such as health conditions and disabilities (if relevant to your employment), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, or related information.
- Information Systems Information / Network Activity. Information such as login information used to access our premises or online network; and Internet Protocol (IP) address or other device location information of devices used to access our online network.
- Surveillance Information. Information such as call monitoring and video surveillance, where applicable.
- Employee Profile Information. Information such as information about your preferences, characteristics, attitudes; information about perceptions regarding an your attitude, intelligence, abilities, aptitude, and information about job criticality and leveling used for hiring purposes.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from you. We collect information directly from you verbally or in other communications, directly through your use of our emails and websites, and when you apply directly for a position with us.
- From other employers or references. We collect information about you from other employers and references who may have experience working with you.
- From other employees and contractors. We collect information from other employees and contractors that may have worked with you or assessed you.
- Automatically Using Online Technologies. When you visit our websites, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our networks and devices, we or other third parties may automatically collect certain information about you including through technologies such as cookies, pixels, web beacons, software developer kids, and related technologies.
- From Our Partners. We collect information from our third party partners, such as background check vendors, and other related partners.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Determine your compensation and benefits, including for payroll and insurance purposes.
- Administering the workforce, including determining fitness for duty.
- For financial or risk management, including fulfilling our audit requirements, and accounting and cost/budgeting analysis and control.
- In order to fulfill our legal, regulatory, administrative and organizational obligations, including compliance with employment and immigration laws, and applicable tax and other legislation.
- Conducting internal audits and workplace investigations, including with our partners and advisors.
- Maintaining commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers’ compensation and other liability insurance.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with applicable Company and client policies and procedures, including employee and HR related policies.
- Managing corporate information technology, including helpdesk, corporate directory, IT support, and IT security.
- Conducting security screenings, to the extent permitted by law.
- For employment qualification, verification, and other background checks, including recruiting and evaluating job applicants.
- Engage in corporate transactions, requiring review of employee records, such as for evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Perform workforce analytics, including data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer and maintain our operations, including for safety purposes.
- Exercise or defend our legal rights, including our employees, affiliates, customers, contractors, and agents.
- Business Functions, such as to support our core business functions, including to maintain records related to business management, and identifying and repairing errors or problems in our functions.
How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- In a Business Transfer. We may disclose your personal information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction.
- To Affiliated and Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We may disclose or share your personal information with certain affiliated and non-affiliated third parties to facilitate your application for work with us, including background check companies and related partners.
- For Legal Process And Protection. We may disclose or share your personal information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: (1) enforce or apply our agreements; (2) protect our interests, property, or safety of others; (3) in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation; and (4) to protect our organization.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Although no system can guarantee the complete security of your personal information, we take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected in alignment with all applicable laws and regulations, as appropriate to the sensitivity of your information.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. If we dispose of your personal information, we will do so in a way that is secure and appropriate to nature of the information subject to disposal.
We provide you with the ability to exercise certain controls and choices about how we collect, use, share, and store your personal information. Please note, we may take steps to verify your identity by matching the information you provide with your request with the information we have on file about you. Depending on the sensitivity of the information at issue, we may utilize more stringent verification methods, including but not limited to requiring you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury.
To submit any of the requests below, or have a request submitted by your representative, please submit your request to email@example.com.
- Right of Access. You have a right to ask that we disclose to you the categories and in some cases specific pieces of information we have collected about you, including information about from where we collected this information and how it has been shared.
- Right to Delete. You have a right to ask that we delete your information, subject to appropriate legal exceptions such as, but not limited to, if the information is necessary to complete your application, continue your employment, or continue your contract.
- Right to Correct Information. You have a right to ask that we correct your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you in any way if you exercise your rights under this policy.
Required California Disclosures
Notice of Collection
- To learn more about the categories of personal information we collect about California residents, please see What Type Of Personal Information Do We Collect About You? and How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
- For more information about how we use those categories of personal information, please see How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- For more information about how we collect categories of personal information, please see How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
- To learn more about how we disclose categories of personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we disclose such information, please see How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- To learn more about how long we keep your personal information, please see How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
Notice of Disclosure for a Business Purpose
To learn more about the categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of third parties with whom we’ve disclosed such information, please see What Type Of Personal Information Do We Collect About You? and How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
Notice of Sale or Sharing
We do not sell or share your personal information. We do not sell or share the personal information or sensitive personal information of any California resident who is 16 years or younger.
Notice of Processing Sensitive Personal Information
We do not use your sensitive personal information other than as permitted under the CCPA. We do not use sensitive personal information of California residents to derive characteristics about California residents.
If you have a disability, you may access this Privacy Notice and other notices in an alternative format by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org