Thank you for donating plasma with Octapharma Plasma and for being a loyal donor. Your donations continue to be essential in the manufacturing of life-saving medicines for patients in need worldwide. Although many states are now experiencing “shelter in place” or “stay at home” directives, The CDC has determined that this does not apply to plasma donation centers and our donors. Now more than ever, your donations are needed to save lives around the world.
We want to reassure you that the health and safety of our donors, community and staff are our top priority.
Octapharma Plasma is committed to protecting our donors and staff and we are closely monitoring the information related to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
It is critical to emphasize that maintaining a 6-feet distance remains important to slow the spread of the virus. As a result Octapharma Plasma is putting special actions in place in our centers. Also, the CDC is now advising the use of the clean cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus. Octapharma Plasma encourages the wearing of face coverings in our centers.
Can I still donate if I feel sick?
- Your health and wellness are important to Octapharma Plasma, so we ask that if you are experiencing any symptoms including fever, cough or shortness of breath that you seek professional medical attention. For the most up-to-date information and tips on how to prevent illness, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). www.cdc.gov
Why is Octapharma Plasma remaining open during this time?
- Per the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America, Octapharma Plasma is considered a critical infrastructure industry. We are expected to and intend to continue operating on our normal schedule.
- “IF YOU WORK IN A CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE INDUSTRY, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as healthcare services and pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule. You and your employers should follow CDC guidance to protect your health at work.”
- For the most up to date guidelines please refer to the link: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/coronavirus-guidelines-america/
My state/county has announced that there should be no gatherings of more than 10/50/100 people, should Octapharma still be operating?
- The CDC has determined that large events and mass gatherings can contribute to the spread of the Examples of large events and mass gatherings include conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, weddings, and other types of assemblies. Per the CDC, this recommendation does not apply to the day to day operation of business organizations. Per the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America, Octapharma Plasma is considered a critical infrastructure industry and will continue to operate.
What are Coronavirus (COVID 19) Symptoms?
- Fever, cough, shortness of breath
What should I do if I have any symptoms?
- If you have any symptoms seek professional medical attention. Call the medical services (hospital / ER/ physician’s office) to seek advice and follow their guidance.
What precautions should I take to avoid getting sick?
- Avoid close contact with other people especially those exhibiting signs of COVID 19
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash or sanitize hands again
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
For the most up-to-date information and tips on how to prevent illness, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) www.cdc.gov